Friday, November 7, 2014

Remixing... not a big fan yet.

For this week's challenge, we were asked to do one of two exercises. Being the overachiever I pretend to be, and having already played with one of the tools, I decided to take on both challenges.

I did a six second story using the Vine App. I played around for "Walk My World" and sometimes make Vines for fun, so that was easy. When I originally read the assignment, I thought I might tape it in school. Needless to say, things this week looked like my Vine!

 A Typical Day
(The words, in case you can't hear them - I work at the best school on the planet with awesome colleagues, but some days, THIS is what my day is like.)

Next, I skimmed the Popcorn directions in classic "online reading comprehension" style and noticed that a Soundcloud clip could be the base of a project. My son writes and posts on that site, so I chose 20 seconds from one of his songs. Since we were asked to do a Six Word Memoir, I chose two photos, one of my husband and I chaperoning a school dance, and the other of us at a Relay for Life event. Finally, I chose six words to describe how I live my life.

My six second memoir

The Popcorn Maker app was frustrating. The song was simple. I had a difficult time downloading photos. Nothing would populate the photo box, then a picture would magically appear -- never the one I hoped for! After finally figuring out the trick, Firefox crashed. Having practiced, my second attempt was much smoother. I did not realize that a photo of the artist (John Markiewicz aka "Daupaz") would grace the opening of the project. It is only mildly disturbing if you don't know ...

No comments:

Post a Comment