Friday, November 7, 2014

Articulating what we do

The father of one of my students, a former Music Teacher, went back to school for an Instructional Technology degree and got a job with a private company as a technology coach. With a sparkle in his eyes, he gushed about how great his job is and how rewarding it is helping teachers get the bugs out of integrating technology in their lessons.

I told him that I was in the IT&DML program and he asked me what the focus was, Google Classroom or theory, or... I blanked.
Yes, we do theory - all the New Literacies and TPACK.
We also work with the practical applications of technology and how to blend it with the theory.

After that conversation, I decided that I need to be able to clearly explain what I am doing and where I am going with this 6th year program. In order to be effective in my school building, I must be able to articulate this. I can't remember the official computer cable acronyms (USB, HDSI, whatever) so this could be a challenge!

I got a rare chance to really sit down and collaborate with a colleague today. We both commented on how refreshing it was to bounce ideas off of each other and expand our horizons.

No comments:

Post a Comment