Sunday, November 30, 2014

ORMS MOOC - Module 5 - Digital Identity



 
My goal, be it my digital identity or my real-life self, is ALWAYS to portray competence and optimism, even in the midst of confusion. The quote on my Hub home page is how I tend to live my life. A little hard work and sparkle can fix almost anything. If not, please check and see if the cable is connected.

I looked at my blog posts from the beginning of my journey and at some more recent posts. I noticed that, as time progressed, I experimented with the format, and I am much more comfortable now. I have added more graphics and labels to my posts. Instead of boring titles, I have started playing with "hooks" to get readers interested. Who knows? Maybe I will go viral... (joke)   Here is a link to my blog: http://markiewiczsh.blogspot.com/

As I mentioned in earlier blog posts, I was nervous about creating a learning hub. When I saw the final presentations from the first cohort, I finally "got it." The Hub was to a place to create my professional identity. Before IT&DML, I just went to work and did what I perceived to be my job. Now I feel like I have more self direction and purpose, and my Hub is the place to reflect that.
Here is a link to my Learning Hub: https://sites.google.com/site/smarkiewiczlh/welcome

I started the IT&DML program in 2013, and I have had more than a year to reflect on my philosophy and teaching statements. The are still very similar to those I blogged about earlier this fall. As I reflect on my Hub, I realize I should condense my philosophy and make room for it on one of the pages.

When I looked at my hub buddy's work in progress, I was drawn to the photographs. The photos on the athletics page are especially welcoming. I need to figure out how to better use photos or graphics in my hub. I also need to find a more professional photo of  myself in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment