Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Humming the Rinmaru theme song...





I like this one! I decided to get the WHOLE experience and played the background music while I created my Rinmaru avatar. It is almost as catchy as the Super Mario theme song. Eeek! Besides, who can resist a fashion-based game?
 Our assignment for this week, the first part of Module 5, was to create our own avatar. Although I have no avatar experience, I did not procrastinate. Maybe having a day off on Tuesday (Veteran's Day) contributed to my burst of creativity...

After seeing Ian's and Josh's avatars, I wanted to make a character that might be recognized as me. I tried the Wild Me program first. I couldn't remove the animal appendages, so I had to start over. I did not like Doppelme. Bitstrips took a lot of concentration, and it was interesting to pick out the features I thought would identify me best. I chose not to have anything to do with the Simpsons.

I really enjoyed Rinmaru. The choices are somewhat limited, but I find it refreshing being a Manga character! I am purposely expressive at school, so this is a good facial expression for me! I put the avatar on my Google account because I think it is important that I be represented by a human, either in cartoon or photograph format. I am not fond of scenery or object avatars.

My rejects... or future avatars are below.


I thought I picked brown hair.... maybe my Wild Me is blonde?



This Bitstrips cartoon looks the most like me, I think. I don't wear quite that much make-up, but the program allowed for age lines, so I don't look like a pre-teen! A handful of my friends put bit-strips cartoons on Facebook. Now I know how they do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment