Friday, October 24, 2014

ORMS MOOC - Module 3 - Storify Post

When I saw "Storify" in the directions last weekend, I groaned. ANOTHER tool!

Then... I attended the CECA/CASL Conference at Mohegan Sun Conference Center. Of course we stayed overnight! I didn't gamble (this time), but I enjoyed the change of scenery. I also didn't have to cook. Nancy, from the first IT&DML cohort, was there and we made time to catch up.

Mohegan Sun Conference Center

When I finally got back to the assignment, I groaned again, then I logged on to Storify. Apparently, I already had an account. Sometimes a tool just doesn't catch my imagination the way some others do. After hearing yet another spot on NPR about yet another thing the politicians can't agree on, I did a mini practice Storify on Obama and Ebola. It seemed pretty straightforward... so I tried the ORMS collaboration.

Oops! I hadn't practiced the "comments" part. I cheated and read some of my classmates' reflections about their struggles to master the app, so I knew there were different categories to search for photos and articles. As always, it was fun to read this cohort's reflections about their experiences.

Although I was (very) jealous when the first cohort finished, I am equally pleased that I have more teacher-companions to learn from. I am grateful for all the ideas, candor, and humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment