Monday, October 13, 2014

Beat Boxer - Network Learning revisited

I belong to "The Sisterhood of the Casserole." We gather on many Monday nights, potluck, and make crafts for the Yankee Fair and Barn Sale (at the Congregational Church of Brookfield the third Saturday in October. Like, this COMING Saturday.) We found many of our ideas online.

Tonight we had a special treat. After dinner, the son of one of our "sisters" and his acapella singing group from Franklin and Marshall performed for us. We asked the beat boxer, a freshman, how he got started.
"When I was in eighth grade, I found this video on YouTube. This guy was amazing. I walked around making strange noises and people made fun of me. I got to be really good at it."
Was he ever good! Wow!
I told him I would write about him in my blog.
You can learn almost anything on the Internet.

The Poor Richard's Website (To listen to the KIND of music.. the website has a former group pictured)

On a cleaner note, in a couple of weeks, ask me how I like my "new" laundry soap. I made it from Dial bar soap, washing soda, Borax, and hot water. Another adventure!



No comments:

Post a Comment